31 people share the moment they fell for their partner and it will make you lot believe in honey

flirting couple

You lot know when yous know.
Flamingo Images / Shutterstock

Whether or non you believe in love at start sight, there was probably a moment that you knew you loved, or were starting to fall in love with, your partner.

These moments can be light-headed or heartbreaking, just like the relationships and the people in them. INSIDER rounded up the all-time moments from a few different Reddit threads to show the dazzler in all of these moments.

"I was more worried well-nigh her being worried about me than my own safety."

"I didn't desire anything to hurt her; not even bad news."
StockSnap/Pixabay

"I had been dating my girlfriend for about a year and a half, when I pulled out at an intersection and near got side-swiped. I had to jerk the bicycle and everything. Immediately I thought, 'Man that was close! I didn't have my seat-belt on, either. She would exist so upset if I got hurt!'

"And that'southward when I realized that I was more worried about her being worried nearly me than my own safety.

"I know it's goofy and non very 'touching,' only that's when I realized that I was in love, considering I didn't desire anything to hurt her; not even bad news.

"I told her near it nearly a week later and she thought it was sweetness. That was pretty much it (she isn't nearly equally sentimental every bit I am). We have been together for 9 years, and married for the last 5. Oh, we got a baby, as well." - Redditormarblefoot

"I knew we both took each other as nosotros were."

Sometimes it's the little things.
Shutterstock

"The moment I knew I really loved her was when nosotros would burp and fart together watching some stupid move or show while making out and laughing about it when something 'non-perfect' happened while nosotros had sex. I knew we both took each other as we were. Consummate honesty, no masks, no disguises, no tricks. Cause there was no need for that." - RedditorOmnilatent

"Something but came over me and I realized how happy I was."

"I don't know why but for some reason seeing her then for the showtime fourth dimension away from school really made it click for me."
Leah Kelley/Pexels

"Met a girl at university in March 2011, we hit information technology off really well and eventually decide to make things exclusive. Nosotros were both dumb xviii twelvemonth olds, but something really, actually felt continued about us and nosotros had already said 'I love you' in Apr (i month in — I know, stupid). Anyways, we live about an hour apart when we're on summer holidays, but having never done long altitude it seems really far away and nosotros're both nervous virtually how things between united states will modify only seeing each other about once a week for four months right at the commencement of the relationship.

"Anyways, school ends, we both become home to our respective parents' business firm, and make plans to see each other at my girlfriend's house after most ten days. She lives right in Toronto whereas I lived on the outskirts, so I take the railroad train into the city and to encounter her correct downtown. We're trying to find each other on the crowded street (I didn't really know the city at that time so I was kind of going in circles looking for her).

"Eventually, I spot her on a busy street corner looking around, only she hasn't seen me however. Something simply came over me and I realized how happy I was, how happy she made me, and how much I really cared about her. I don't know why but for some reason seeing her then for the first fourth dimension away from schoolhouse really made it click for me. Just had our four year anniversary terminal week and I experience the same as I did that day." - Redditorrichandbrilliant

"My body was telling my brain what I already knew."

"I relaxed instantly."
oneinchpunch / Shutterstock

"I was having a bad solar day and had to finish past my gf's house (at present married woman). When I'm mad I don't want to be near anybody and I especially hate it when people hug me when I'm upset. I'd rather be solitary and calm down. But she came out the front door and hugged me and there was this utter peace that just swept over me and I relaxed instantly. My trunk was telling my encephalon what I already knew: she was the one." - RedditorSdavis2911

"When I realized I could exist around that person 24/7 and non get sick of them."

This comment resonated with many users.
Shutterstck

"When I realized I could be effectually that person 24/7 and not get ill of them." - Redditor Sport07

"When she bought a Christmas present for my 2-year-old son."

Loving people means loving people that are important to them, too.
Shutterstock

"When she bought a Christmas present for my ii-year-old son without ever meeting him. That warmed a special part of my middle." - RedditorNiTeMaYoR

"I call back telling my mom afterwards, 'I'yard gonna marry that girl.'"

"Most important is know yourself and be yourself completely with others."
Pixabay/bdcbethebest

"Later on the commencement appointment. We had gotten together for coffee twice since we had similar interests. Both times we talked for hours with astonishing eye contact. I felt so comfortable with her, as if we'd known each other for years. The 2nd fourth dimension was then long, we ended upward getting some Thai food at the end. After that, I knew I just had to inquire her out on a date. She said yep. We went to a movie, a mexican restaurant, walked effectually at the south office of the San Francisco Bay, and ended up at a British pub. I retrieve telling my Mom afterwards, 'I'm gonna marry that daughter.'

"It's a actually skilful union. Most important is know yourself and be yourself completely with others. And so you'll know when you find each other." - Redditor Mark_Paulson

"When I look at him I but feel this really solid feeling."

"When I wait at him I only experience this actually solid feeling."
Pixabay/StockSnap

"I have a lot of hyperactive, sometimes anxious voices in my caput pretty much all the time. I knew when I realized that when nosotros're together the extra voices go silent and I just feel very peaceful and warm. When I look at him I just feel this actually solid feeling — this sort of strong feeling of deep satisfaction with hints of pride that doesn't feel vulnerable to doubt or speculation — and I'm practicallymadeof doubt and speculation.

"I'd known him for nine months, we'd been together for two. I told him I thought that I thought I was in the process of falling in love with him, and he only said 'I beloved you, too.'" -Redditorswiggetyswoogety

"I looked up and realized I wanted to eat breakfast with her every bit many times as I could."

Who doesn't love breakfast food?
Dc Lovensky/Unsplash

"We were eating breakfast at the diner by my apartment (which was the location for our first date) and as we were eating I looked up and realized I wanted to eat breakfast with her every bit many times as I could. I told her a few weeks later ane dark while we were laying in bed, and well nosotros all know where that goes.

"Got engaged concluding Baronial and currently planning a hymeneals that volition hopefully consist of breakfast foods and local fabricated potato donuts instead of cake." - Redditorpvcducttape

"Information technology'due south one of those things that just tin can't be put into words."

Sometimes it takes a petty fourth dimension.
Pixabay/StockSnap

"I told my fiance I loved her shortly after she told me. I think information technology was what I thought was honey at the fourth dimension.

"A few months later in that location was a moment when I just couldn't take my eyes off of her while we were but hanging out at home. A strange awareness came over me. I can't really explain information technology. It'south one of those things that but can't exist put into words. It was powerful and it forced me to think of life without her and how unbearable it would be.

"At that signal I was similar, 'Ohhhhh, this is what I said I felt months agone. Cool.'" - Redditorx4vior

"She took some scraps of food [...] to feed some baby raccoons she saw in the bush."

Critters need some food, as well.
Pixabay/Disarm

"I vividly recollect the moment I realized that I had roughshod in dear with my girlfriend — nosotros were just cuddling and chatting maybe four to five months into our relationship and she told me virtually how she was written upward at work (she was a CNA at a infirmary) because she took some scraps of food that was left over from the old folks' lunch and threw them out into a woody surface area next to the infirmary's campus to feed some baby raccoons she saw in the bush-league.

"Haha and then ridiculous, only merely the thought that she cared so much about the small woodland critters as to go to those lengths really resonated with me." - Redditor geo152

"I saw her walking towards me at a altitude, and I could not stop smiling."

"I could not stop smiling."
Andrew Robles/Unsplash

"Long long time ago ... 1971.

"I was 16, and had been hanging out with this pretty little hippie chick for near 6 months. I would walk downwards to meet her halfway when we got together. This certain summertime twenty-four hours I saw her walking towards me at a distance, and I could not stop smiling, a silly grin then wide my I thought my face up would split. It lasted the whole time she approached, grinning back at me.

"We've been married over 38 years."-anonymous Reddit user

"She woke up next to me and I was completely blown away with how cute she was."

Everyone says "I love yous" in their own fourth dimension.
Yulia Mayorova/Shutterstock

"When my fiancé first told me she loved me I wasn't quite there yet. I think I softly patted her on the back and told her that I desire it to be existent when I say it. I think perchance a week or later she woke upwardly next to me and I was completely diddled away with how beautiful she was. That'southward when I knew." - Redditorpfistergood

"She smiled, walked to the freezer, and pulled out a box of Eggo'southward."

If you tin respect someone'south breakfast food opinions, you know it's honey.
Daxiao Productions/Shutterstock

"She prefers pancakes while I prefer waffles. It was around midnight and I couldn't slumber and then I snuck out to the store and bought a box of pancake mix to surprise her in the morning. I came back, got into bed and nodded off. At ane point I felt her get up and heard her go into the bathroom, I passed back out.

"We were sitting downwards to swallow breakfast that next morning when I pulled out the pancake mix and said, I know how much y'all like pancakes so I snuck out last nighttime and got this. She smiled, walked to the freezer, and pulled out a box of Eggo's while saying, 'I don't have a waffle fe, then I bought these last dark.' That was the moment." - Redditorbrian1321

"I told her that I loved her, but that I had to leave."

"I never presumed she would come."
CC0 Public Domain

"I was living in Michigan and had been dating a daughter for a year and a half. I found out my dad had cancer and I made plans to motion back to Missouri. I told her that I loved her, just that I had to leave. She had lived in Michigan her whole life and was very shut to her family. I never presumed she would come. After telling her, she sabbatum quietly for a minute and asked, 'And so, when do nosotros leave?'

"I proposed inside a week." -bearding Reddit user

"I realized that night that I didn't want to spend my life with anyone else."

Many people know it'southward love when it's you against the world.
cindy baffour/Unsplash

"My at present-husband and I were at the beginning of a long trip effectually Europe after living on separate continents for 9 months. On the first leg of the trip, we missed a flying and and then the airport was closed because of a terrorist attack, so nosotros were stuck in Liverpool with no luggage (nosotros'd left it at the drome), soaking wet apparel, and no slumber.

"We were both exhausted and grumpy, and each fourth dimension that it became clear that i of us had reached our limit, the other would footstep upwards and take charge for a bit. Nosotros didn't grumble, argue, or identify blame. We only fixed the problems the best we could and took the time to explore Liverpool. I realized that night that I didn't want to spend my life with anyone else." - Redditorlaidymondegreen

"This woman was expecting to spend some time on a embankment with her boyfriend and instead was stuck in the bad-mannered situation."

"I had no idea what I was walking into."
Pablo Heimplatz/Unsplash

"I love telling this story, I promise yous savour it. My grandfather was ill and nearing the terminate of his fight with lung cancer. I got a call from my aunt that I needed to come up for some other visit as his time was short.

"I had assumed she was existence dramatic as I had just seen him three weeks earlier and he was going pretty well. I figured I would have my new girlfriend, we would visit the grandparents, and then head off to Miami for a couple of days.

"I had no idea what I was walking into. Nosotros show upwards on Fri evening to my gramps now residing in a hospital bed, about 40 to fifty pounds less than three weeks before, and actually in bad shape. I was crushed. I had to excuse my self and went out on the porch and balled my optics out. My girlfriend came out to comfort me and after a while I felt better. Well, we visited all dark and stayed the nighttime in one of the invitee rooms.

"The next morning I was woken upwardly by my aunt who told me quietly that grandpa had passed and she needed my assist. I quickly sprang to action and began helping with the arrangements. I was busy calling family, calling a priest, funeral home, and trying to console my grandmother. Almost noon or and then, I realized I kind of forgot about my girlfriend.

"Well, she was in the kitchen cleaning up after making lunch for everyone and setting up snacks for family that was on the fashion. She fifty-fifty had a pie in the oven. This adult female was expecting to spend some time on a beach with her fellow and instead was stuck in the awkward state of affairs (to put information technology mildly).

"This was the outset fourth dimension meeting whatsoever of my family and now she was surrounded by everyone during decease in the family. She not only was being great, she never mentioned nothing most not leaving nor any of her feelings, she was just there to help if she could. That warmed my heart and I knew she was who I wanted to be with. My grandmother later that solar day was sitting thanking my girlfriend for all she did and then said 'I noticed how you handled today, that's enough in my volume, you have my permission to marry my grandson.' Little did I know about a year later, with her approval (lol), I fabricated that women my wife." - Redditor9onthesnap

"Nosotros both stopped and slow danced to Christmas music."

"I never had to tell her because I could see in her eyes that she knew."
Unsplash/Ian Schneider

"It was Christmas time and we had just moved in together. We were putting up our newly bought Christmas tree way likewise tardily on a weekday. I was setting upward the tree and I plough effectually to her sitting on the ground putting the metal hangers through the ornaments. Everything in that moment was perfect, I only stopped and smiled. She noticed and asked why ... I never had to tell her because I could see in her eyes that she knew. We both stopped and tiresome danced to Christmas music while I soaked in the happiest moment of my life." - Redditorirondan23

"He had made me a mixtape of all our favorite songs."

"The world isn't crashing into me anymore."
Andrew Itaga/Unsplash

"When after years of dealing with debilitating feet, I finally felt safe. The world isn't crashing into me anymore, and while I exercise still accept things I get anxious almost, I know that he'll aid me go through them. The exact moment is when he had made me a mixtape of all our favorite songs for me. I nonetheless listen to it at least one time a mean solar day. I beloved him like crazy." -RedditorShannyPhantom

"Now I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to her."

"We concluded upwards talking every single 24-hour interval for 6 months."
Shutterstock

"When I was reunited with her after close to 10 years. We went to high school together and knew each other through friends. Graduated and went our separate means. I joined the military and got married, she hopped around trying to find her place. I got divorced a few years later. Did the single thing for a while and then noticed her on Facebook.

"Now I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to her. But afterwards talking to her for a few days I realized I would rather keep her equally a friend. She was just so absurd and I had a addiction of ruining every single relationship I was in. We ended up talking every single day for 6 months. And then I took a trip to see her (just as friends). I lasted less than six hours before we kissed. It was and then easy to hide from our chemistry behind a calculator screen, but in person I didn't stand a chance. We accept been together for about 3 years at present. Engaged. A baby on the way." - Redditor Knowledge930

"My dreams were about us but existence together."

Sometimes your mind knows earlier your centre does.
Pixabay

"My first thoughts when I woke upward were about her. My concluding thoughts when I went to bed were about her. My dreams were virtually usa simply being together." - Redditorsilverblaze92

"I started reflecting on my own human relationship."

"I experience similar those emotions were e'er there."
Shutterstock

"One day, I was at a friend'southward house with another friend. I was dating my SO for a couple months, I appreciated them merely I didn't give them equally much love as I ordinarily would if I was caput-over-heels. 1 of my friends was talking about her ex and how horrible she was treated.

"I started reflecting on my own relationship and realized that my Then is nil like my friends' ex. After realizing how rare a person like that is (genuine and honest and kind), I showered him with love. I feel like those emotions were e'er there, I just didn't really realize it until subsequently I saw how horribly others were treated." - Redditormhmmgurl8

"He helped take intendance of my father. He helped accept care of me. He never left."

"I'm coming. Bargain with information technology."
William Stitt/Unsplash

"The final 2 weeks of my dad's life, he had Alzheimer'southward. We kept him at abode until he had to go into the infirmary. I was at my finish.

"I had been seeing my long distance swain for a couple of months prior and was lamenting my plight. He stopped me and asked, 'Who takes care of you? I'thou coming in that location tomorrow.' I protested, family drama, explaining his presence, not wanting him to have to deal with the situation. 'I'1000 coming. Deal with it.' He helped take care of my male parent. He helped take care of me. He never left. Almost two years now. Yeah. He's a keeper." - Redditoraloneinbatcountry

"She won that race, and my middle."

Who doesn't love a lilliputian friendly competition?
Shutterstock

"Our friends were trying to set united states of america upwardly, and nosotros both knew it and were open up to it. We were playing a game of Lilliputian Pursuit, and they made the two of u.s. play equally a team. I already knew I liked her, just I fell in dearest with her during that game. One of the questions was 'Who was the xthursday President of the The states?' and I idea I would print her by rattling them all off in gild. She had the aforementioned idea, and it became a race. She won that race, and my heart." - Redditor honestyfish

"She also embodied all of the traits that I find really important."

Sometimes your partner is also someone you tin can look upwards to.
Toa Heftiba/Unsplash

"I realized ane day that my married woman was the beginning adult female I'd dated to genuinely brand me express mirth, even when I didn't desire to. She also embodied all of the traits that I find actually important in a partner and was quickly becoming both my best friend and a function model." - Redditor Ix-Foot-Banana

"When I woke up early in the morning time and saw him feeding my true cat breakfast."

Sometimes showing a furry friend some love is the easiest way to someone'due south heart.
Snezana Ignjatovic/Shutterstock

"When I woke up early in the morning time and saw him feeding my true cat breakfast." - Redditor thatsassygal

"I didn't know her at all and she defenseless me."

The best pick-upwards line. Ever.
Flickr / Jason Sussberg

"When I was drunk and stumbling at our university'south football game and almost cruel. I didn't know her at all and she defenseless me and said, with the well-nigh gorgeous smile I've ever seen, "If yous're going to fall, it better be for me.' I looked at her and said 'I'1000 going to make you my wife so nosotros should hang out afterwards this.' We're getting married in Oct." - Redditorhardshell1919

"He ended past saying he greatly looked forward to the day when he could finally return to our clay mound."

"I experience like such an idiot that I didn't save them."
Shandi-lee Cox / flickr

"My young man and I take been together almost two years, but nosotros got off to a chip of a slow start. He was super into me and I wasn't sure if I was into him. We were going out once or twice a calendar week, and I was warming to him, merely wasn't sure. I was honest about it and he said nosotros'd take things at my stride, and if I wanted to end it, that was fine.

"Probably well-nigh three or 4 months into it, he took me to a concert at a venue that was outdoors, but had an attached indoor eating house where we could get nutrient to consume during the concert if we wanted. It was pretty crowded but we managed to secure a high-top table with no chairs on a picayune dirt mound after we ordered food. Some fourth dimension afterward, he went back into the eating place to pick up our food, but it took longer than either of usa expected because I judge they were backed up.

"So he started texting me the most hilarious, cheesy series of 'letters.' I really wish I still had them; I experience similar such an idiot that I didn't save them. They were written Civil War-style, similar he was a soldier in the field battling through hordes of people to get our nutrient. He ended by saying he greatly looked forward to the 24-hour interval when he could finally return to our clay mound.

"I'one thousand not sure if I decided 100% I was in love, simply that was definitely the first moment I thought, 'I could really come across myself with him.'" - Redditorstarryophonic

"He's the lens through which I see all the good in the globe, then much so that he becomes information technology."

"He brings out that sort of passionate intensity in me."
Flickr / Lachlan Donald

"The first fourth dimension I heard him sing.

"He has a very raw, honest singing vocalization, 1 that carries emotion ameliorate than any other I've ever heard. He sang a cover of Damien Rice's 'Cannonball,' and I could just hear him feeling the words, pouring out everything he is and was and had been through into them. He brings out that sort of passionate intensity in me, and makes me a meliorate person every day I know him. He thinks he's the lucky i, only he's wrong — he's the lens through which I see all the skillful in the world, so much so that he becomes it.

"His 'Cannonball' cover is still one of my favorite things to heed to; in fact, I'thousand listening to it now, considering he'south at work and I miss him." - Redditormolecularity

"I tin can't clear how or why, I'yard just not a words person, but I feel it really strongly."

"I knew then that I actually cared for her more than I realized."
Pexels

"We weren't even dating notwithstanding, that wasn't even something that crossed my listen actually. But nosotros became super close in a curt corporeality of time and she got sick. Like seriously ill, I almost took her to the ER a few times, I was and then worried.

"Leaving her place later she fell asleep, I have to say I cried every time, I was and so scared and helpless. This went on for a few weeks, and she got better, brushed information technology off like zilch had happened, but my reaction to information technology all has stayed with me. I knew and then that I really cared for her more than than I realized, and fifty-fifty though we've merely been dating for a piddling while, I'1000 old enough to know at present that she's actually special. I tin't articulate how or why, I'k just not a words person, just I experience information technology actually strongly. There is something blooming in my heart that I didn't recall I was capable of." - RedditorHydrogenatedBee

"She came back a minute later holding the perfect pair of shoes."

If the shoe fits ...
JD Mason/Unsplash

"When nosotros went to purchase shoes. We had been dating for quite a long time, and I honestly fell in dearest with her way before that, simply that'southward the moment where it actually hitting me. I had to purchase these fancy shoes for her graduation ceremony, and then nosotros went to a gigantic shoe store that had sales. I similar to store, but I'm usually a actually efficient shopper: I become into the store, meet what I like, attempt it, pay, goodbye.

"Merely this time it was just dragging on and on and I couldn't find anything that suited me. I had already tried almost a dozen pairs and nothing I really liked: merely the ceremony was close and it was our last chance to shop for shoes. I was getting a scrap frustrated, and seeing that, she looked at me and simply said 'Wait here a infinitesimal. I'll run into what I tin can notice.'

"She came back a minute after holding the perfect pair of shoes — pretty much exactly the picture I had in my head, and that I hadn't precisely communicated to her. Information technology was the right size, the correct toll, the right everything. I was flabbergasted.

"And to this day, that's how I always remember of her: the only person that I know who could go burrow in a mount of random shoes and find the only pair I would really similar."- RedditorCalembreloque

Bargain icon An icon in the shape of a lightning bolt.

Keep reading